Saturday, November 14, 2009

Momma Like: Stocking Stuffers 2009

Jumbo JacksIn our family, Christmas music could not be played until the day after Thanksgiving and my sister and I would rush downstairs that morning with almost as much anticipation as Christmas morning itself, to put on our first Mitch Miller or Perry Como record of the season. What was true of Christmas music, however; was not the case with shopping.  The deep and competitive world of who was going to pick out the best presents of the year started early and its something I think about in September.

Mini Etch A SketchAlmost more important than the big gifts were the stocking stuffers... so until Christmas, I will be highlighting a few of my favorites in case you love them too!  First stop, Pottery Barn Kids which has a great collection of classic small toys under $10 - my favorites are the Pocket-Etch-A-Sketch and the set of Jacks.  If you are looking for something a bit more, I am contemplating the mini-walkie talkies - with one for my daughter and one in the stocking of her best neighborhood buddy for hours of bed-time chatter!
Feel free to use the comment section to  share your stocking stuffer ideas this season!

Mini Walkie Talkies, Set of 2

No comments:

Post a Comment