Thursday, January 7, 2010

Buy of the Day: January 2010



Cameron Creativity Storage System with Art Cubbies



Living in a relatively small house with two young kiddos - you have to be organized.  Whenever I need storage inspiration, I go to my friend Shelley's house.  She is the ubermom of storage and organization - with a label maker and a polaroid, her three year olds know exactly which basket or bin holds which toys which makes it easier for them to help with clean-up.  In my list of to dos for this year is really organizing life - my stuff and the kids.  My first pick - I am spending this month at Pottery Barn kids where they have a 20% storage event.  You can save on entire wall units or even just a basket or two for the bath toys that you store under the console sink or the toys you keep in the car for long rides.  Last tip - when I reorganize our toys its the perfect time to talk to my almost four year old about giving away the toys we don't use anymore to a local children's shelter in the city - a great time to introduce the concept that everyone has different means and showing that sharing is an act and not just a preschool concept.  On a less important note, but still great, it also helps her to take ownership of keeping her room and playroom organized. What are your favorite organization tips for kids rooms?

No comments:

Post a Comment